Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

Beans

Re: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

Justa note,

/usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ seems to have moved to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in 10.10.

Also, has anyone found a way to have both tap to click as well as the physical left and right click working properly?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by samfraser View Post
    This solution did not work for my new hp210-100, any suggestions,the mouse pad not working is making me have to use mswindows! This is the output from make

oh gee the select text copy and paste from the terminal doesn't past all of the text, great! What else doesn't work !?!
    This thread is old, and many people have suggested different solutions, all of which worked to different extents, so when you say "this Solution" you should refer back to the instructions you followed, and you also need to state which version of UNR or Ununtu you are running.

And no crying!

Garvan
    Desktop: Dell, Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93Ghz, 2GiB RAM, Linux Mint 13 Maya.
    Net-book: SAMSUNG N148-Plus, 2x Intel Atom CPU N450 @1.66Ghz, 1GB RAM, lubuntu 12.04.
    Laptop: Dell, Intel i5 @2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, Win 7

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
    Justa note,

/usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ seems to have moved to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in 10.10.

Also, has anyone found a way to have both tap to click as well as the physical left and right click working properly?
    I was not able to get both tap and buttons working together to my satisfaction, but for me the action of the "fist-generation" mouse-pad is buried in my muscle memory so I am happy enough to work without taps or special features, and I did not spend a long time trying to get them working.

Garvan
    Net-book: SAMSUNG N148-Plus, 2x Intel Atom CPU N450 @1.66Ghz, 1GB RAM, lubuntu 12.04.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzy View Post
    I have a HP mini 210 on order with the intention to install either Ubuntu Netbook, or linux Mint on it. When I get it I can still send it back as long as I leave the box unopened.
    I'm trying it figure out if I should or not because I don't plan on using an external mouse.

You mention in your post that the setting will be remembered unless you play around with gnome-mouse-properties. I'm left handed. Does this still work if you put your mouse properties to left handed? Assuming that you change it to left handed before you do the fix?
    The mouse works perfectly for my needs, and it works left or right handed, but it does take a lot of work to set it up correctly, even to the point of recompiling the driver in my case.

Garvan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jnetman1 View Post
    You're much better off actually fixing the problem with the driver, as telling the system that the touchpad is a PS/2 mouse leaves you with zero control of the pad on the Mini 210. To do this, download the attachment at the bottom of this post and save it in your home folder:

Open the terminal on your Mini 210 and

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential patch linux-source
    The kernel source will be a tarball that is installed in /usr/src. Extract it to your home directory like so:

Code:
    tar -xjvf /usr/src/linux-source <tab>
    Note that pressing tab will autocomplete to the version you downloaded. Once extracted, change to the source directory and untar the patch attachment you downloaded at the beginning:

Code:
    cd linux-source <tab>
    tar -xzvf ../clickpad.tar.gz
    Now we'll patch the driver files, copy the Makefile to the right place, and compile and install the new driver:

Code:
    patch -p1 <clickpad_patch
    cp Makefile drivers/input/mouse/
    cd drivers/input/mouse
    make
    sudo make install
    Reboot your machine, and you'll find the touchpad works like it should. Note that this patch is based on Takashi Iwai's fine work here: http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/67335/
    Anyone tried this patch on Ubuntu 10.10? does it work?
    servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor!

Blog identica twitter lastfm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No, it doesn't work with 10.10, unfortunately.
    Qüi sphincter habit, temorum possuit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ljrmorgan View Post
    Have you tried this?

I don't think the multitouch is supposed to work out the box in maverick (yet), you have to install a package first. I've just handed in my dissertation (yay!), so I thought I might try it out this week.
    I didn't really expect it to work OOTB... What I am saying is that it is a shame that we have this multitouch device apparently supported in kernel that can't be tested (through the link you sent) because of recognition issues.
    It's so close and so far at the same point and it's frustrating...
    Qüi sphincter habit, temorum possuit.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sisophon2001 View Post
    The mouse works perfectly for my needs, and it works left or right handed, but it does take a lot of work to set it up correctly, even to the point of recompiling the driver in my case.

Garvan
    Thanks for your answer. I'm new to Ubuntu so I think I'll look for a netbook that has no troubles or ones that even a newbie can fix. Otherwise I'm stuck with windows and that's no way to learn linux.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daigorobr View Post
    No, it doesn't work with 10.10, unfortunately.
    Thanks, at times like this I really miss the thanks button. any idea if it works on 10.04?
    servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor!

Blog identica twitter lastfm

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
    Anyone tried this patch on Ubuntu 10.10? does it work?
    This was written for 9.10, and most of the code was included in the official 10.04 release, so the instructions no longer work with 10.04. Unfortunately for us HP Mini 210 users they did not include a "Hack" to adjust the height of the click buttons to match the marking on the HP Mini 210.

In my post here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=72

I show how to apply this "Hack" to 10.04.

I know work is still being done on improving this driver, so I expect future versions will not require this hack. But we have to wait for the next release of Ubuntu to see if the new code is approved.

I think my modification/hack is essential for users who prefer separate click buttons.

Users (of 10.04) who prefer the more modern tapping and scrolling action of a mouse pad should follow the instructions in this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...0&postcount=54

I use a combination of both to get the mouse to work exactly as I want.

Have fun,

Garvan

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast